Cannot insert Crosstab

I use redistributable files to test my program but somehow I cannot see the option to insert the crosstab. I am using Progress ABL Programming languange.
However I can see the Crosstab option when opening the List & Label Sample Application.

Can anyone help me?

Dear Christofer,
thank you for your note.

You can activate the crosstab by setting the following options for your List & Label Job.
LL_OPTION_ENABLE_STANDALONE_DATACOLLECTING_OBJECTS to “1” e.g.
LlSetOption(hjob, LL_OPTION_ENABLE_STANDALONE_DATACOLLECTING_OBJECTS , “1”);
After setting the option to “1” the crosstab object will be available in your designer but in this case you can only use one crosstab in your project.
We recommended to use the .NET Assembly and using the Progress-DataProvider, in the following Blog-Entry you will find more Informations, thank you.

Kind regards

Erdal Alacali
Technical support
combit GmbH

Dear Erdal,

Thank you for your answer.
We don’t use the .NET for our application and we do not use database to connect to List and Label, we provide the data using LLDefineFieldExt. After we set the option, we receive Error -18 which is Bad Parameter Error.
We do not have this problem when using older version of List and Label 15.
Could you please advise us to provide the solution?

Thank You

Christofer

Dear Erdal,

Could you please provide us the solustion when we are using Progress ABL, we are not using .NET for our application.

Thank you.

Christofer

Dear Christofer,

thank you for your post.

The above information from Erdal already refers to Progress and should lead to success as described.

Best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH