Repeat Group Header Line

Hello,

I am a new user of the List & Label product (having used Crystal Reports for years). I am having trouble doing something that I would think would be fairly simple. Baiscally, I want to the group headers to repeat each time.

Here is an image of what I am getting:

<external Link has been removed, see combit] Forum Rules[/url]. Please try to describe what you’re doing/seeing, sorry.>

I understand that the group header lines print each time the ‘Group By’ string changes, and you can see that that group doesn’t change, but other ones do.

If you need more information on this, please let me know so that I can provide it.

I appreciate any help that is given on this.

To explain my situation more clearly, I am grouping on the following (let’s call this group 1):

Doors.Finger_Pull + Doors.Edge_Profile + Doors.Raised_Panel_Detail + Doors.Route_Pattern + ToString$(Doors.Door_Num) + Doors.Material_Schedule

When either the finger pull, edge profile, raised panel detail, router pattern, door num (which represents a very specific ‘style’) or material schedule changes, I want a new group. And this is working perfectly. Below this is another group (let’s call this group 2):

Doors.Type

When group 1 changes, new group header lines are created, and everything is fine. If group 2 changes when group 1 does, it prints the heading. But if group 1 changes, and group 2 does not, then there is no new group header printed for group 2.

I would think that there would be a setting, somewhere, to force the header to ‘reprint’ every time, but it doesn’t appear to be. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Andrew,

How about adding the group change triggers for group 1 to group 2 and make it read

Doors.Type + Doors.Finger_Pull + Doors.Edge_Profile + Doors.Raised_Panel_Detail + Doors.Route_Pattern + ToString$(Doors.Door_Num) + Doors.Material_Schedule

This should effect in groupheader 2 printing whenever the type or any of the other fields changes. Just a thought.

G.

That worked almost perfectly. I had to, instead, place the Doors.Type at the end of the equation.

Thank you very much, I didn’t even think about this.